Terms and Conditions
The information contained on this website is of a general nature only and is not, nor is it intended to be, professional advice. It has been provided without taking account of any particular person’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Such information is a summary only of the subject matter covered and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional advice regarding your own situation. Before acting on this information you should consider whether the information is appropriate in light of your particular objectives, financial situation and needs. We encourage you to contact Rehab Matters for advice concerning specific matters before making any decision.
Every effort has been made to offer the most current, correct and clearly expressed information possible within this site. Nonetheless, information may not remain maintained and applicable laws, rules and regulations may change without much notice. Rehab Matters will not be held liable for any loss or damage caused by material on this website or any linked site.
You must take your own precautions as to ensure all material used from this website or a linked site is free from viruses or anything else which may damage your computer system. All material on this website (including but not limited to text and graphics) is subject to copyright owned or licensed by Rehab Matters.
Rehab Matters is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Rehab Matters may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect:
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or using the contact page on this website
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Resolving your privacy concerns and complaints – your rights
• If you are concerned about how your personal information is being handled or if you have a complaint about a breach by us of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us.
• We will acknowledge your complaint as soon as we can after receipt of your complaint. We will let you know if we need any further information from you to resolve your complaint.
• We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. We strive to resolve complaints within five business days however some complaints take longer to resolve. If your complaint is taking longer, we will let you know what is happening and a date by which you can reasonably expect a response.
• If you are unhappy with our response, The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) can consider most privacy complaints involving providers of financial services.
FOS can be contacted at:
Financial Ombudsman Service
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 1300 78 08 08
Under the Privacy Act you may also complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner about the way we handle your personal information.
PO Box 58, Warners Bay, NSW 2282
0400 235 878 | 02 4948 4800